Things to Do in Atlanta Near Midtown
There are so many things to do in Atlanta that planning the perfect day can be a bit overwhelming. We are here to help! We have outlined a full day of some of our favorite things to do, places to eat in Midtown, and sites to see while you are visiting our great city of Atlanta. We start you off with a yummy breakfast, steer you to a famous attraction, followed by a gourmet lunch, shopping, and cap you off with a fabulous dinner and live show. Enjoy!
- · Start your day off right with a great breakfast at J. Christopher’s, a local favorite that doesn’t disappoint. Blueberry Griddle Pancakes, Eggs Benedict, and a spinach bacon skillet are just a few dishes to fuel you for your activities. Take a gander at their menu before you leave the hotel.
- Location: Our suite Atlanta hotel is less than a block from the restaurant.
- After a relaxing lunch, gear up to visit the world’s largest (that’s right, the world’s largest) aquarium. From exotic fish to playful penguins, the variety of oceanic wonders at the Georgia Aquarium is great. Plan to spend a few hours here taking in the sights and sounds. If you are with the kids, don’t miss the 4D movie adventure where you not only see the action you feel it! If you are visiting solo, don’t worry, you won’t feel out of place. There is so much to do and see, and it truly is a relaxing experience and a great way to spend your afternoon. This is an activity not to be missed in Atlanta.
- Location: From J. Christopher’s, you can hop back on the MARTA and head to the aquarium. Or, if you are not in the mood for breakfast and want to head right to the aquarium from the hotel, you are less than 2 miles away. Our front desk is happy to assist you with a cab! Marta is a 10-15 minute walk from either the Civic Center stop or the Peachtree center stop.
- Grab a quick bite or a sit-down lunch in the Luckie Marietta District, a walkable dining and entertainment district located next to the aquarium. There are many eateries to choose from, including sushi, steak and pizza.
- Location: Head directly south from the entrance of the Aquarium, and you are there!
- After lunch, head “underground” to do some serious shopping and learn about our history all in one place! Humbug Square Street Market offers a variety of items for purchase, including African art, bath and beauty, handmade jewelry and Atlanta souvenirs. You can also take a one hour guided tour to learn more about the history of our great city and the buildings and streets that surround you.
- Location: From the Aquarium or Luckie Marietta District, the Underground is less than one mile away. You can walk it in approximately 15 minutes, or hop on the MARTA for a quick trip to the shopping district.
5) Fox Theater
- Head to the historic Fox Theater to enjoy dinner and a show. The theater provides an array of entertaining shows, from South Pacific to Mary Poppins. During the summer, don’t miss the Summer Film Festival, with pre-movie wine-tastings and sing-alongs with the famous “Mighty Mo” organ.
- From the Underground Atlanta area, head back to our hotel in Atlanta’s Midtown to clean up for dinner and a show.
- Bonus: you can walk to the theater from the hotel! It is only a few blocks away.